UMI's Viking front coilover kit combines a high quality hybrid spring with a 19-position double adjustable shock. The upper coil fits the upper spring perch on your vehicle while the lower part of the coil matches the coilover shock bottom. A coil spring compressor is not required, as the adjuster acts as the compressor. The optional thrust bearing and spanner wrenches allow for easy adjustment of ride height from factory to 3" lowering. The shock itself has independent compression and rebound adjusters to allow custom tuning for street, strip, auto-x and road race - all in one shock. Viking coilovers work perfectly with UMI's lower a-arm or your factory lower a-arm. Pair with UMI's geometry corrected upper a-arm loaded with a tall ball joint and head for the nearest high speed corner, 1/4 mile track or weekly cruise.
Viking offers two mounting options for the lower shock attachment points. Mild street applications can use polyurethane for ride comfort and reduced harshness. Corner carving, drag racing, auto-x and road race should choose bearing ends (DM91671) for increased reliability and performance. By their very nature, performance parts both in poly and bearing, tend to feel and sound different than rubber mounted factory parts.
- Hybrid coil spring Made in USA
- Brilliant protective finish ensures your springs stay nice for years
- Choose spring rates for drag, street or road race/auto-x
- 19 way adjustable compression and rebound damping shock suits all occasions (361 possible combinations)
- Every shock is built, dyno tested and serialized in Lakeville, Minnesota
- Shocks can be rebuilt at Viking or an authorized Viking rebuild center (call for details)
- Bearing mounted bottom for increased reliability and performance.
Note: The Spanner Wrench & Thrust Bearing Kit (DM91679) is highly recommended for easy and safe adjustment.
Front Spring Rate Options:
- 250lb- 11" tall springs for drag race only. Serious lightening required.
- 350lb- Small block cruise or drag race with lightening required.
- 450lb- Small block cruise, big block drag race.
- 550lb- Small block handling, all big blocks except drag.